Thursday, January 13, 2011

School Based Therapy IEP

It is that time of year again - New Year's resolutions. We all know the typical ones like lose weight, exercise more, quit smoking, etc. How about creating some resolutions for the workplace? Another way of putting it is to create annual goals for yourself.

School based therapists help to write IEP goals for students, now try taking the time to write some for yourself. These can be goals that you would like to accomplish daily, monthly or by the end of the school year. Be sure to actually write them down so that you can check your progress. Here are some examples to get you started in thinking of some for yourself:
  1. I will document each therapy session at the end of the session 90% of the time.
  2. I will type up an evaluation within 1 day of performing the evaluation 100% of the time.
  3. I will stay on schedule for all therapy sessions 80% of the time.
  4. I will make contact with a child's parents with positive feedback 1x/month.
  5. I will have my IEP's reviewed and completed 1 week in advance of due date.
  6. I will provide lesson plans to teachers for group therapy sessions 100% of the time.
  7. I will create a goal for each therapy session whether individual or consultation sessions.
  8. I will communicate with the student's teacher weekly, 100% of the time.
  9. I will send home carry over activities following each therapy session 90% of the time.
  10. I will keep all paperwork organized and neat, 100% of the time
  11. I will make goals that are reachable (cross out Number 10 then!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...