Although school based therapists only work in the school, educational goals may not be met if a program is not also followed through at home. Consider the following when creating a positioning program and offer suggestions to help supplement proper positioning at home:
- Is the child positioned properly before school and during transport?
- Is the child positioned properly in each classroom setting ie homeroom, library, music, art, etc?
- Does the child have appropriate posture during meal times?
- Is the child positioned properly after school?
- Is the child positioned properly during sleep time? (here is an informative article on sleep positioning - http://www.atgrehab.com/clinician/articles/LOJSampleSleepPositioningEquipment.pdf )