If you are a new or seasoned pediatric occupational and physical therapist, the world of assistive technology and adaptive equipment is constantly changing. Here are many resources that can help guide you to select the most appropriate technology.
- Access to Independence Website – Michelle Lange is one of the top OTs in the field of assistive technology. Her website is LOADED with free resources. You can check them all out at her resources page. There you will find positioning documents, mobility training guidelines and adaptive toys.
- RESNA – Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America. Need updates on pediatric powered mobility, use of tilt in space wheelchairs, evacuation chairs and more? This is the place. Check out all of the position papers on these topics and more at RESNA.
- CAST has many free UDL resources and white papers. You can find them here.
- Call Scotland website – my favorite resources here are in the download section. The posters, leaflets and quick guides are awesome!
- WATI- this website has a HUGE amount of information to assess a student’s need for assistive technology.
- QIAT – website has a large resource bank for assistive technology and an active email listserv.
Care to add any of your suggestions for websites with assistive technology or adaptive equipment resources?