After seeing this on Turkey Squares craft on Pinterest, the original blogpost at A Spoonful of Learning and seeing it on Facebook, I decided to make a template for the activity (see below for free download). You can print out four different versions of the template – black and white turkey, color turkey, you draw the turkey (or add construction paper circles) and a one page template with the squares to color and cut. A step by step direction page with pictures is also included.
I love this activity because it encourages the children to use squeeze glue and use only ONE dot of squeeze glue. This is a hard skill for little ones but strengthens the hands, improves graded muscle control and encourage self control (what kid doesn’t want to just squeeze glue everywhere?).
Create this Turkey Square craft project to encourage:
- scissor skills – snip the squares
- graded muscle control – just the right amount of glue
- hand strengthening – squeeze the glue
- fine motor skills – pick up the small pieces of paper and place on glue dot
- math skills – create patterns with the squares
- self regulation skills – only one glue dot!
Need more Thanksgiving ideas? Check out these great downloads!