Thursday, January 19, 2012

Accommodation for Shoe Tying?



I came across a young soccer player wearing this on her indoor soccer sneakers this past weekend. This was a new product to me but I thought it was worth a mention although I have not personally used these. It is worn over the laces to make sure the sneakers stay tied during the game. To me, this seems like the perfect accommodation for a child who just can not tie his/her shoes. Rather than being limited by velcro sneakers, perhaps give this "SweetSpot" a try. They come in many colors (could use school colors or team colors). It is really just a piece of looped heavy duty resistive band. They are latex free.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Another benefit would be for eye foot coordination training. When teaching a young child to drop kick a ball the colorful marking provides a good visual target.

Has anyone used these in their practice? Would love to hear if anyone has had any success with using them as an accommodation.
You can get them at Amazon.

1/22/12 - Follow Up: I stopped into the soccer store so I could buy the Sweet Spot but he was sold out. He stated there are several brands one being Adidas. I found these online as another alternative. I did wonder though could you sew velcro strips onto thick elastic and achieve the same thing? May have to try a sewing project. That way you could create different sizes.

3 comments:

Christine Horvath said...

Seems like a great idea.! Wonder if they give a little bit of deep pressure input as well since they are a resistive band... could potentially help some kids with body awareness or tow walking perhaps... ????

Your Therapy Source Inc said...

I wondered the same and in terms of a gentle lift for pronation, but again I have never tried them. Would love to hear if anyone has or does.

Black Suits said...

Very interesting post. I had a great time reading your post and also the comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...